Become a CII (Certified IIB Council Instructor)
The CII Program
The Certified IIB Council Instructor (CII) program is designed for individuals who want to become certified to deliver Institute of iBusiness (IIB) suite of professional certification programs. The CII program provides resources for individuals to become industry-recognized trainers specializing in the field of Digital Transformation and Business Technology areas such as Digital Marketing, Digital Project Management and Blockchain Technology.
All of IIB instructor-led training combines lectures, technical demonstrations, and hands-on labs. Certified IIB Council Instructors are required to be technically proficient with good instructional skills. The instructors need to maintain a high standard of professionalism and teaching preparedness.
Requirements to become a Certified IIB Council Instructor
To apply to become a Certified IIB Council Instructor (CII), you must:
- Submit completed and signed CII Agreement and Application.
- If you are not an existing certified trainer for IIB Courses, you will need to attend the online self paced straining and pass the associated exams.
- You must be certified in the program that you intend to teach (eg., to teach CDM, you will need to hold the CDM certification, and additionally, if you then want to teach CPM, you will need to be CPM certified).
- Ensure you have updated your EC-Council Continuing Education (ECE) credits through the Delta Portal (found within the Member's Portal) as your certification status must be in good standing.
- An IIB Authorized (AIP) will need to endorse your application. In case there is none, IIB may, at its discretion, endorse the application.
- You must possess technical expertise and hands-on experience of the respective field.
- When a CII application is approved, IIB Council will send an email notice to the CII detailing the access to the CII Resources and this will be followed by a digital CII Certificate which will be mailed to the CII within 2 months from date of approval.
Benefits of being a Certified IIB Council Instructor :
In addition to being in the select group that are authorized to lead IIB Council training, other benefits include:
Access to Secured Instructor Resource Portal:
All CIIs gain access to a CII portal which contains instructional resources consisting of presentation slide decks, labs, lab setup guide, video’s, best practices and tools that will enable you to deliver your training effectively.
Exclusive CII Logo Usage:
Subject to the terms and conditions of the CII agreement, all CIIs have exclusive rights to use the CII logo for web sites, business cards, marketing materials, and other documentation.
Dedicated Support and Communications:
You have access to internal IIB Council training experts who will address any instructional queries or feedback which concerns the curriculum, exercises, and setup requirements of the course(s) you are certified to train.
Should you have any queries pertaining to the Certified IIB Council Instructor program, please email [email protected]
Certified IIB Council Instructor Application and Agreement Form
Thank you for your interest in applying to become an Certified IIB Council Instructor (CII). IIB Council will use the information you provide in this application to determine your eligibility. Only completed application with signed agreement form will be processed.
Upon completion, please submit your application as well as agreement form online (see link below).
When filling out the application and agreement form, please ensure all information are up-to-date. Processing can take approximately two to four weeks. You may check the status of your application by sending an email to [email protected]
See the previous section for list of steps.
The time it takes to become a CII will vary, depending on factors such as:
- Submitting the application
- Responding to requests for information and background checks
- Availability and Train-the-Trainer attendance of the course you are seeking certification to teach
- Passing the certification exam
- Your knowledge of IIB Council products and technologies
- Your experience in training
Applicants pay Train-the-Trainer course fees for each course they attend, exam fees, and all personal expenses—such as travel, meals, and accommodation—incurred during the assessment periods.
If you are seeking certification to teach CDM technical training course for example, you must take and pass the corresponding course exam. Exams are offered at ECCEXAM Portal around the world.
As a CII, you can teach the specific IIB Council course(s) that you have been certified to teach to customers defined by IIB Council or an Authorized IIB Council Partner.
As a means of ongoing evaluation, students are provided an online evaluation form at the end of each course and are asked to evaluate both the course content and the trainer’s technical and instructional expertise. IIB Council will review the course evaluations.
Once you are certified to teach a course, you can teach that course until any one of these conditions exists:
- A major update to the curriculum, after which you may be required to demonstrate knowledge of the new technology.
- Poor evaluations received on either your instructional abilities or your technical knowledge.
- Termination of your CII agreement.
If you are teaching directly for EC-Council, you will be scheduled via iClass, EC-Council’s online training system regarding available classes and given the opportunity to accept or reject the class in question. If you work for an IIB Council Accredited Training Centre, the centre will manage your teaching schedule.
How often you teach will depend on a number of variables, such as the demand for the course you teach, your availability, your location, and the class location. The Statement of Work will indicate the dollar figure allotted to compensation for the given period. IIB Council does not guarantee that work will be assigned based on the trainer’s available dates or that all fund allotted will be used as noted in the Statement of Work.